Through this Blog I am trying to reach out to the general public to inform and educate concerning the topic of radiology. I will be doing this by compiling what I have learned while completing my education towards my Radiology Technology degree and information that I have found to be reliable. Radiology is a serious matter that can impact your life for better or worse. I hope that I will give those who read my blog a little extra inside information on how they can protect themselves from the harmful x-rays and come to a better understanding on the subject of Radiology.



Friday, January 22, 2010

EPA Map of Radon Zones

 
Posted by Picasa


This map doesn’t include the Puerto Rico (this is under development)

The purpose of this map is to assist National, State, and local organizations to target their resources and to implement radon-resistant building codes. This map is not intended to be used to determine if a home in a given zone should be tested for radon. Homes with elevated levels of radon have been found in all three zones. All homes should be tested regardless of geographic location.



Zone 1 counties have a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) (red zones) Highest Potential

Zone 2 counties have a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4pCi/L (orange zones) Moderate Potential

Zone 3 counties have a predicted average indoor radon screening level less than 2 pCi/L (yellow zones) Low Potential

-If you have any problems seeing the words on this Radon Map of Idaho, just click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment